Other Relative Family Sponsorship

You can sponsor other relatives besides your immediate family members under certain circumstances


You can sponsor:

  • Your brother, sister, nephew, niece, grandson or granddaughter, who are orphaned, under the age of 18, and not married or in a common-law relationship

  • another relative if you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives below (excluding the person you wish to sponsor) which you could sponsor instead:

    • a child

    • a mother or father

    • brother or sister

    • uncle or aunt

    • nephew or niece


  • you do not have any of the relatives mentioned above who:

    • is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, Indian (Native, registered under the Indian Act)

    • have an application for permanent residence that is being currently processed

You can sponsor if you are:

  • At least 18 years of age

  • A Canadian permanent resident living in Canada or a Canadian citizen

  • Not in prison, bankrupt, under a removal order (if a permanent resident) or charged with a serious offence

Need Help?

Contact us for more information about the Relative Sponsorship application process or for assistance in preparing an application.




Lawyers are licensed by:

Our firm employs both licensed Immigration Lawyers and

Immigration Consultants

Contact us

Toll-free in Canada and US

LSO logo.JPG

Read what our clients have to say about us

Google Ratings

Office Hours

Monday to Friday

9:00am - 6:00pm  (EST)

Follow us

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey LinkedIn Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon

Immigration Consultants: 

RCIC #R522401


matkowsky.ca  | 197 Spadina Ave, Suite 400  |  M5T 2C8  |  Toronto  | Ontario  |  Canada  

© 2019  Matkowsky Immigration Law  |  Canadian Immigration Law Firm